Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Travel to Rotterdam

Today has been an absolute killer, we got up at around 415am because our flight to Netherlands left Heathrow at 7am. I pretty much slept all the way as soon as I jumped on the plane, once arriving in Amsterdam we caught a bus 1.5hours until we got to Rotterdam.
It’s really weird to wake up early one morning and by 10am you are having a coffee in another country, only in Europe can you do that.
I haven’t done absolutely anything today; we waited at reception for a few hours before getting a lift to our hotel we are staying in. The hotel is really nice and I’m rooming with my mate Cooky again. We both fight on the same day (this Wednesday) so management always try to put people who fight on the same day together. This just stops one person from staying awake all night or coming home early in the morning while your roommate needs a good night’s sleep before fighting the next day.
Tonight though I went to the gym next door and got a good seat up on the bike and cross trainer for 40 minutes and then I did a few laps in the swimming pool to cool down and stretch. Then had a few baked potatoes for dinner and then watched a movie called The Island, I don’t know if anyone has seen it buts it’s pretty good.
Tomorrow we aren’t doing too much we will probably train in the morning and then I will hang out and watch a movie probably have a snooze before going to the sauna to make weight. I will probably hopefully only have to sauna 1.5kg.
Internet here is around about $16 a day so we will probably only buy it for a few days because we will be spending all day at Judo anyway so it may be a waste of money buying the internet, but we will see how we are going with money.
So not much else is really going on, Cooky and I are both very anxious to fight and step onto the mat with the best in the world and see how we fair. Like I was saying in an earlier post I am coming off a good win at the Pac Rim so hopefully I can keep the momentum going and string a few wins together.
The weather here in Rotterdam is nice today but it still rained twice, the only bad aspect of this hotel is the fact that a supermarket is 35 mins walk away and there are no restaurants anywhere nearby. We are seriously in the middle of nowhere. But we do get breakfast, lunch and dinner paid for here at our hotel so that’s pretty good as I will have to start saving money for Samantha to come to Samoa in a few months.

Have an awesome day everyone,
I will do a post the night before I fight as well.
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment