Sunday, August 30, 2009

Last day in Netherlands

First off here is the link to my fight against Bomboir from Belgium.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JecySVFWUbw&feature=channel_page
now i know what i did wrong i let him grip me and for some reason didnt bother to break it, dont know why but he threw me with a left uchimata, i havent actually watched the clip dont know how good the quality is.
While your there check out some of the other fights ive put up.


It’s finally the last day of the world champs and only 1 more day to go until I come on home.
These worlds have been very good with many new techniques being utilised by all countries and as usual the place getters have been very spread all around the world. Judo is such a world sport ad it’s so fantastic to see some random country like Kyrgyzstan or even countries like Columbia getting wins over the big names like Japan, Korea and France.
It so great to watch Judo t the world level and see so much variety in not just the nations competing but also the nations placing. I mean you watch swimming and you know the Aussie and the person from USA will come 2 out of the 3 places, the other most likely will be a Dutch or Chinese. But Judo there is so much variety, Eg in 60 1st Ukraine, 2nd Japan and 3rds Italy and Armenia.
The crowd here has been nearly as good as the Beijing Olympics. Coming into this competition the Netherlands had many Olympic and World medallists but many, to the disappointment of the home crowd, got knocked out in the first or second round. It was also a little disappointing that the competition started on Wednesday because obviously people will be at work, so for the first 3 days the crowds were maybe I’m guessing 6000 people, but on Saturday and Sunday the crowds were easily 8000, hardly a spare seat in the house. The crowd are so loud when Grol and Edith Bosch fight as well. So so loud it hurts your ears. I can’t imagine what a soccer match in England would sound like with 90 000 people going ballistic.
Judo wise the judo has been very high level. But there are many changes coming in the way for Judo. Rule changes as well as techniques being adjusted. There was a time when the main throws were a seio nage uchimata and an ouchi gari. But ever since the eastern bloc countries have entered judo techniques have been altered and throws such as sumei gaeshi , pickups and Kata guruma now must be known by any competitive judo player.
At these worlds the big techniques were the crappy tomoe nage, leg grabs and a one handed uchimata with an arm wrapped up. Even ground work turn over’s and submissions are becoming more brutal and effective.
In saying that this competition makes me even more hungry to go home and train my butt off because I know even though these guys train pretty much professionally, they are still beatable. And I know I can do it.
The next big competition is in November which is the Oceania World Cup in Samoa so this is going to be the big one to win, after that Samantha and I are heading to the Britney Spears concert in Sydney. Wooo hoooo should be good fun.
Anyway guys that’s bout it nothing much else is really going on. I will post up on my YouTube account a lot of throws I caught on camera they are only short clips so check them out.
I get home this Wednesday around lunch time, and then I have to quickly catch up on school work before I got to Sydney for the Royler Gracie seminar that’s closed to the public and invitation only. And I got a ticket hehe. Should be good.
Have an awesome day
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment