Thursday, August 20, 2009

A tiring day

Today has been a very tiring day mentally as well as physically. Today really kicked in of home sick. I always feel sad that to do what i have to do i have to leave my beautiful new wife behind at home while im over here training and trying to become the best athlete i can be.

I woke up this morning gave Mum a call and then called Sam to say hi and tell her how much i love her and miss her. I then went to the local corner store to buy some supplies. They have fantastic Caramello Cadbury chocolate here and also a citrus flavoured diet coke and a cherry flavoured one as well. So i been getting into that a fair bit.

We had a technical session today in which we worked on our individual techniques in a circut based environment to get a sweat up and shrapen up before the worlds next week. I fight in 6 days time. im so excited.
After training this morning i was surprisingly light and only weighed 61.8kg which is fantastic this close to compeition. Although since Pac rim i havent eaten at all that badly i havent really had time to splurge out on Maccas or some Pizza.
This is because usually we have a competition and thats it for a little while but because i had a comp and then training a few days later i really want eat for performance rather than just load up on anything fatty.

After our session this morning i had a snooze (because the jet lag is still affecting me) and then got woken up suddenly by my coach Gavin to tell me to go to the shops with him. I bought a coffee down there is was sooooo crappy and boiling hot i was disappointed because i love coffee and really wanted a good one. o well.

I then spent the rest of the arvo studying and writing a blog for my learning with technology class.

Tonights session there was stacks of people there but i felt very flat and tired and had no energy. I just wanted to go to sleep and my mind was thinking bout home quite alot. I Love waking up at home in my house, in my bed and to be able to call Sam whenever i like rather than having to constantly think bout what time it is over in Australia and weather she'll be awake or not.

Tomorrow we are having a very special occasion. the judo club we are staying at is holding a massive fundraising evening at a local 5 star resort, with pool massage 5 course meals the works. We are holding a fight night there where we will have 8 judo fights Australia vs England, they called it the Ashes (Lame i know) but anyway should be good fun.
Apparently Russell Crow is staying there at the moment so we may even see him.

So that's whats been going on with me at the moment nothing too exiting just training and really starting to miss home and back to normality rather than this.

Love u all heaps
Talk soon, Have an awesome day
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment