Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A change of scenary in Sydney

Last night, Samantha and I had an awesome trip upto Sydney to do some Judo. We are staying at Sams friends house and its the nicest house ever. We feel like we are in a hotel it so so nice.

This morning i trained at the University of NSW with John Buckley and i have already learnt like 1000 things regarding judo, grips etc. He really does know absolutely everything about judo.

This morning we did an hour of moving uchikomi, grips and then some nage komi. I trained with Sonya Chevonsky and Gemma. We didn't do anything different to what i do at home but it wwas good to have john running the session and me not to have to think about anything and just listen to his instruction.

After the session Samantha and I hung out at Kirstys before heading over to coogee for some breakfast. Whenever we come to Sydney we always go to coogee beach and just sit. Although today is a bit of a crappy day it was nice just to sit and do nothing.

I just found out that one of my best friends is in hospital. Alex is in the army and was doing some self defence classes and severely injured his neck. So now he is in hospital in a neck brace and back brace and although he will be ok Sam and i are praying for him to have a quick recovery and if you could pray for Alex as well as his Mum and Dad and his girlfriend not to worry we would appreciate that alot.

Now I'm just finishing some of my assignments that are due next week an getting ready for the power hour tonight. And im looking forward to that.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment