Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day before Miami world Cup


It’s been a pretty busy week for me. After competing in the NSW international open and then only having 1 day to visit family and friends as well as pack for this trip to Miami and Japan.

Leaving at 6am Wednesday from Canberra and arriving in Miami on Wednesday at 6am is a pretty weird feeling and after waiting to clear customs for 2 hours we were then on the 5 hour flight to Miami. It was a long trip but we finally arrived at our golf resort at around 8pm at night.

Today is Thursday and ill be fighting in the Miami world cup on Friday, having Saturday off and then fighting the US Open on Sunday. It’s pretty cool for 2 reasons, first reason is doing 2 comps in 3 days is awesome value of money and the second reason is that we don’t have to weigh on for the US open on Sunday. So after tomorrow I won’t have to make weight for 16 days....sweeeeeet.

The International judo federation have updated there world ranking list after the Oceania Champs last weekend and I have moved upto 43rd in the world. All I need is a few more wins and ill be in the top 22 in the world. It will be tough but I know I can do it. Other Australias mark Anthony -90kg and kylie Koenig -63kg are currently ranked 14th in the world which are fantastic results and hopefully they can keep on winning overseas and qualify as well.

Today we didn’t do too much, woke up at 6am, had breakfast and just relaxed watching Jerry Springer and some other junk on TV. I put my sweat suit on and we trained for 1 hour doing uchikomi, nagekomi and ne waza for a sweat and then I went for a run/walk to the shops to buy some supplies. It is rather muggy weather here so sweating wasn’t a problem and I ended up only weighing 59.5kg upon returning from the shops. So no sauna for me which is fantastic.

So doing nothing much for the next few hours, in starting to feel a bit jet lagged so I am going to try and stay awake until at least 9pm and then sleep. I don’t know what I’m going to do though, I don’t want to read or else my eyes will get tired and I may fall asleep. I also shouldn’t watch a movie as the same thing may happen.
If you are awake tonight you can watch us fight live on www.ijf.org or watch the rundown on ippon.org. The draw is done tonight I don’t know who I am going to get but I have a feeling I am going to get an Argentinean, we will see
Other Aussies here in the team are

Ivo Dos santos -66kg
Nicola Pejic & Dennis Iverson 73
Brent Iverson 81
Priscus Foganolo & Mark Anthony 90kg
Duke Didier & Josh Dahl 100
Jake Andrewatha +100
57 Carli Renzi & Emily Bensted
63 Sara Collins & Kylie Koenig
-78 Steph Grant
+78 Janelle Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment