Friday, September 25, 2009

Saturday is a busy day

Whoa.. ive been flat out today, its been crazy.
I worked Friday night at the service station and was lucky enough to watch the league game between the eels and the bulldogs. What a good game of footy, big tackles and a close scoreline. I was on the edge of my seat but happy that the Eels came through in the end.
The servo shifts at night are 7pm to 1am but i am lucvky enough to have my wife Sam come and hang out with me while im working. It is usually pretty quiet at night times but when its raining its double quiet so not much was really going on besides chatting and Sam reading all the magazines.

Saturday morning i was uyp early and had to head out to civic and do an hour of fundraising for the Heart foundation doorknock appeal. It was actuyally quite fun and i definetly felt like i was helping some people out, (so my lecturer at uni was right that you definetly get way more good feelings helping someone out than you do helping yourself.)
Some of the funny comments were
- i dont have a heart!
the tax department taxed me $50 000 dollars so go chase them up for my money.

but my favourite was "Oh i gave the girls up there some already" (butt here were no girls actually doing any fundraising.)

Then i was quickly off to the ANU judo club for an hour of technical its really good to go a club that arent competition orientated and are just there to do judo and enjoy the sport. But in saying that they can really break down the techniques and in doing so they have a really good knowledge of judo.

Now im off to the service station again for 6 and a half hours on a cold winters day and also because it AFL Grand final day even less customers will come in.
the good thing is on saturdays foreign correspondance is on and i always try to catch that because its quite interesting and you can learn quite abit.

Thats it from me im off to church tomorrow which is sweet because i havent been to our awesome church in so long but samantha and I have been reading 1 or 2 chapters of the bible every night so its a habit hopefully we can stick to.

Have an awesome day
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment