Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Bored at 6am - still jet lagged

I cant believe i am still jetlagged this is crazy. I have been hanging out as late as i can every night but i am still waking up at bout 6 or 630 every morning. maybe i should go to the gym this morning and have a stretch. But i think i better stay here, have a cup of coffee watch the Today show and then do some schoolwork.

Samantha and i just went and bought a mobile broadband thing so we now have internet at home. Its so so much better instead of having to go to my mums work or sams house or the library or all the way into school to check emails and complete schoolwork.

At the moment my Mum has a Japanses exchange student staying at her house, his Name is Arki (he likes karate not Judo but), last night it was his birthday so we went out for dinner it was really nice chinese food and i think i ate too much of it. It was really good. Arki is doing a stack of study to become a scientist of some sort and all he does is study and study and study and although he doesnt do much else he working towards his goal in life.

It got me thinking bout how Mum raised us 3 kids all by herself. And then i was thinking bout how we all turned out and what we have been doing with our lives. I soon realised that us kids have pretty much achieved what we have wanted to achieve or more so what we are all very passionate about. My sister has a great husband with 2 beautiful baby girls. Malcolm has a nice girlfriend and an awesome car (and hopefully the showroom car will be finished soon.) And i have acheived my dream of travelling the world doing Judo and competing at the higest level possible at the Olympic Games. I just feel that even though Mum was a single parent she has instilled in us something that has made us achieve what we have wanted to achieve.

It then got me thinking about those motivational quotes you see, you know the 'its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the sog' sort of quotes. Im not particulaly a big fan of those quotes but i thought i would whack a few down that i really like.

My absolute favourite because it is so true, doesnt matter if your talking sport or life or anything.
"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." - Everything requires hard work, sacrifice and dedication, there is no shortcut.
"Its a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness." Lucius Annaeus Seneca (Dont know him)
"Who bravely dares must sometimes risk a fall." - Very Judo specific.
"Don't count the days, Make the days count." - make the most out of every session
"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision." Muhummad Ali (not a big fan but i dang good quote.)
"It is not enough to win, you have to make the other guy lose."
"It is not the most talented that succeed, it is the most determined." Lauren Burns (I know Taekwondo but hey very true quote.)

Now some from the bible.
"Work hard and become a leader, be lazy and never succeed. (Proverbs 12:24)
"I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." (Psalm 144:1)
"The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. (2 Samuel 22:3)

Also my sporting heroes are.
Lance Armstrong:
Have you read his books, his mentality is through the roof. He was the best because he was a student of the sport and made sure he knew every detail of himself, his bike and the course. He made sure he won, and he knew he would.

Lleyton Hewitt:
Awesome that an Aussie can be world number 1 in such world sport. Lleyton often loses to people who shouldnt but he always plays with such passion and drive that i really admire and he lets it all out on the court. I remember working the graveyard shift when he started his Australian Open match at midnight. Best shift I've ever done.

My favourite Judo players are Jimmy Pedro (USA), Mark Huizinga (NED) and Ilias Iliads (GRE) o and Tadhiro Nomura and Toshihiko Koga (JPN.)

Now off to study a bit catch you all later on
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment