Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Royler Gracie cup comp video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MqY3lxx4Nw&feature=PlayList&p=5AEBD4C129ED7134
I decided to enter this comp to fight Purple belt in order to fight some experienced fighters. I entered the -67kg weight division but my opponent didnt turn up for the competition so i had to fight in the Purple belt -73kg weight division. I had to fight the winner of Australian Judo representative and good friend Ivo dos Santos or this bloke but unfortunately Ivo lost on points so i had to fight this guy.
He was pretty experienced and pretty calm throughout the whole fight. He was quite hard to take down especially when they are always trying to pull guard, hence why as soon as they do i try to back off and stand up. When i was on top stuck in a half guard he was very calm and just waited nearly upto 2 minutes for me to make a mistake (which i did and he swept me for 2 points) you can tell he was going to sweep me from how high my hips were, i should have scooted my hips out a bit more and then tried to retreive my leg.
My opponent didnt mind being in my guard and didnt really once try to pass it at all. I think because he was up by 2 points he was going to try to shut me down and ride out the 2 point
I was really trying to work the elevator sweep (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjiaHF2CRDM&feature=PlayList&p=40537E1A227EDD39) and also the far gaurd choke ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrHvdfjXB8E&feature=PlayList&p=40537E1A227EDD39) he was experienced so i knew i wouldnt tap him with this but i was trying to create space in order to stand back up and resume throwing him (if i could).
I got the feeling when he kept glancing at the clock that he was waiting for the last minute before he was about to attempt a standing guard pass, so i decided to disengage and throw him with a firemans,
All in all i think i won either 4 to 2 or 6 to 2 i cant remember now but it was a good biff but i was glad i won the fight but at the same time i was a bit dissapointed that i havent tapped somebody yet in the 2 bjj comps ive been in. I have entered Purple both times but havent tapped anyone which is a bit annoying because i really wouldnt mind subbing someone soon.
dont know wheather i will enter any more BJJ comps, they are very expensive to enter and there just isnt enough competitors to make it worth while, so i think i will only enter the big ones from now on like the Pan Pacs and Abu Dhabi trials one day.

If you have any comments regarding the fight let me know

Have a great day
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment