Monday, November 14, 2011

Oceania judo world cup results

I thought I would give you an update on my results of the Samoa World cup.

Put simply, I had one of those days where I had the best preparation possible and fought to not my full potential.
My side of the draw looked pretty good with me drawing a Judoka from Hong Kong first round. He was an awkward fighter with a rather wide stance and switch between being a lefty and a righty.

Mid way through the fight he cross gripped me allowing me to attack his leg, as I picked him up in the air he hooked on with a Ko-uchi makikomi and threw me beautifully onto my back for Ippon. He went on to place fifth while I was left to ponder what I could have done differently in order to win the fight.

People say that you learn more from your losses than your wins and as much as that is annoying to hear when you lose against a beatable player I have definitely learnt a lot with this fight.

Final places in my weight division included China placing 1st and 2nd with USA and Aussie team mate Dickins in 3rd place.

In terms of the World ranking list and qualifying for the London games I am still within qualifying distance. I will be competing in both the Japan and China Grand Slams in December and hopefully I can fight to the best of my ability and finish the year on a high.

Once again I would like to thank you all for your support and ill talk to you soon,

No comments:

Post a Comment