Saturday, January 7, 2012

No Bull Supplements and losing weight

Lately I recently picked up a sponsorship of a small Independence supplement company in the name of No bull supplements. No Bull Supplements pride themselves on not selling the 'magic pill' to weight loss OR muscle growth but instead selling good quality protein at the fraction of the cost of most supplement stores.

The main products I have been using are a whey protein isolate as they not only taste great but have less than 5 grams of sugar per serve. The main reason for why I have resorted to protein after training is because I drive about 30-40 minutes to get home from training and if you do not eat within 30 minutes after training you take a lot longer to recover. The 30 minutes after training is called the Anabolic window. This window is roughly 30 minutes after training where you should eat something as it is the time when your body is craving nutrients. If I finish training at 800, cool down to 815 and then drive home and have a shower I haven't eaten for nearly 90 minutes after training- and this can severely affect your recovery.
But now I leave some protein in my training bag and as soon as I finish training i have a shake before driving home....at least this way I have something to assist in recovery. I also throw on a bit of L-glut amine to assist in recovery as well
To read more about the Anabolic window check out this article http://www.musclehack.com/the-power-of-the-anabolic-window/

As a special to people who follow my blog and know me No bull are offering a Free t-shirt or singlet to anyone who quote Beyond Grappling or Matt D'Aquino when purchasing an order.
I highly encourage anyone who takes protien (and thinks they are paying too much ) to check out nobullsupplements.com for more info on Protein, creatine and L-glutamine.

No comments:

Post a Comment